2. Get the latest version of Synergy from the download page.
3. Double-click the downloaded MSI file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you downloaded it to), and double click to install it.
4. Open Synergy and rename your computer (or use the default name). No special characters or spaces, but dashes and underscores will work (eg. WindowsOne, Windows-One, Windows_One, ...)
Click Apply when you are done choosing your name.
5. Paste the license key you copied from Step 1 then click OK on both open windows.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 on your other computer(s).
7. Determine which computer you want to be the server:
Server (keyboard and mouse will be shared with any connected clients) or
Client (receives keyboard and mouse input from a server)
8. Configure the server computer:
Below the computer name and preferences button, you will find your computer's IP address or addresses if connected to more than one network. We will need this when we connect the client in the next step.
Our server computer's name is Windows-One
The server computer's IP address is 192.168.100.66
9. Configure the client computer:
Use the IP addresses from the server computer and enter it in the text field labelled Server IP address or name
10. Back on your server computer you should get a popup saying a client is trying to connect, click Accept and configure
That should open the screens and links tab, where you can position your client based on which of the four monitor edges you want the cursor to switch through:
In this case the cursor would switch to the client via the right edge of the server's primary display