Help & Troubleshooting
Automatically run synergy on startup
Synergy can be configured to run and connect automatically on startup. A few conditions need to be met first:
- It would be recommended that both computers have a static IP address to ensure that settings do not need to be updated each time your computer starts or restarts.
- Computers stay on the same network. If you move either computer to a different location, you will need to reconfigure Synergy and auto connect will not work.
- VPN connections should not be active.
Once the above-mentioned conditions are met, please follow these steps to configure auto start for Synergy.
- Add Synergy to the startup programs. This process may differ based on the operating system you are using. Windows | MacOS | Linux
- Add an exception for Synergy in the UAC for Windows. (Disregard on MacOS and Linux).
- Open Synergy on both computers.
- Open the Settings Menu.
- Change the options as highlighted below and click okay:
Once you restart your computer, Synergy will startup automatically and connect.
Talk to a human
If this article didn't help, you can talk to someone on our support team.