Help & Troubleshooting
How can I reinstall Synergy 1 on Windows, macOS, and Linux?
- Uninstall Synergy using “Add or remove programs” (or Apps & features).
- Click uninstall. You will see a message saying “This app and its related info will be uninstalled”. Click “Uninstall” again.
- The message on display will then say that the app will need to be closed, and you will be asked if you want the app to automatically close, select this option and follow the steps. It should take less than one minute to uninstall.
- Run regedit and delete these registry keys (if they exist):
- Delete these directories (if they exist):
- C:\ProgramData\Synergy v2
- Reboot Windows to ensure that the hook DLL is completely unloaded.
- Install Synergy as you would normally.
- Close the Synergy app if it's running.
- Delete the Synergy app from the Applications directory.
- Run these commands to remove the settings (don't worry if the files or dirs don't exist).
rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/Synergy
rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/Symless
rm -rf ~/Library/Synergy
rm -rf ~/Library/Symless
- Run this command to unload the preferences:
killall -u $USER cfprefsd
- Install as you would normally. Sometimes the cfprefsd command fails silently, so you may need to retry the reinstall steps.
- Remove the Synergy package using your package manager.
- Run these commands to remove your settings (don't worry if the dirs doesn't exist):
rm -rf ~/.config/Symless/
rm -rf ~/.config/Synergy/
rm -rf ~/.synergy/
rm -rf ~/.symless/
- Install as you would normally.
Talk to a Human
If this article didn't help, you can talk to someone on our support team.