2. Get the latest version of Synergy from the downloads page.
3. Double-click the downloaded DMG file in your Downloads folder, and drag and drop Synergy to the Applications folder.
4. Open Synergy
5. Paste the license key you copied from the earlier step, then click OK on both open windows
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 on your other computer(s)
7. Determine which computer you want to be the server
Server (keyboard and mouse will be shared with any connected clients) or
Client (receives keyboard and mouse input from a server)
8. Configure the server computer
You can change the name using the Preferences button at the top (No special characters or spaces, but dashes and underscores will work, eg, MacBook, Mac-book, Mac_Book)
Below the computer name and preferences button, you will find your computer's IP address or addresses if connected to more than one network. (We will need this when we connect the client in the next step)
Our server computer's name is MacBook
The server computer's IP addresses are 192.168.100.195 and 172.20.10.4
9. Configure the client computer:
Use one of the IP addresses from the server computer and enter it in the text field labelled Server IP address or name
10. Back on your server computer you should get a popup saying a client is trying to connect, click Accept and configure
11. That should open the screens and links tab, where you can position your client based on which of the four monitor edges you want the cursor to switch through:
In this case the cursor would switch to the client via the right edge of the server's primary display
Click OK after making any changes
Talk to a human
If this article didn't help, you can talk to someone on our support team.