How can I swap modifier keys?
Help & Troubleshooting
You might want to swap your modifier keys, based on what seems more convenient or comfortable to you. For example, when sharing a Windows keyboard with a Mac, using the Command-C can be tricky because the Windows key is in a different place than the Command key on a Mac.
Follow the steps below to swap your modifier keys.
- Open Synergy on your server computer.
- Click the "Configure Server..." button on the main display.
- You should now see all the machines that are configured on your network.
- Double click on the machine whose keys you would like to edit (e.g. the Mac).
- You will see a Screen Settings window.
- On the right side you will see a vertical list of all the modifier keys.
- You change the keys based on what you want which key to do.
- Click OK to close the Screen Settings window.
- Then click OK again to close the Server Configuration window.
- Click Apply to save your new configuration.
Talk to a human
If this article didn't help, you can talk to someone on our support team.