Sign in to follow this  
Doug Tooley

Auto-config oddity when connecting second user from client

1 post in this topic

I recently upgraded (and registered) my Synergy Pro (v1.7.3) when I bought a new computer. (Call it Comp1) The new computer got a fresh install of Synergy Pro v1.7.3 (Server config). The former server, call it Comp2, (running an older version) was updated to v1.7.3 as a Client. The old client got updated to v1.7.3 also as a client. (Call it Comp3) All machines were registered successfully, and had been running this way for several days. All machines are Windows 7 64-bit, except Comp3 which is Win7 32-bit. I signed in to a different user account on Comp3 and Synergy stopped working. Oh, it's configured by user? Okay, fine. I ran the wizard, re-registered Synergy. This was when the problems started. I wasn't recording what I did for a bug report, but the gist of it is this: 1) Comp3user2 had trouble connecting to server Comp1. I noticed that Comp3user2's Synergy "Screen Name" was the same as Comp3user1, so I changed it's name and that helped. 2) Comp1/server, all of a sudden lost it's registration and had to be re-registered!! 3) I switched user from Comp3user2 back to Comp3user1 and it no longer connected to Comp1's server. I observed prints indicating it was trying to connect to the wrong IP Address: despite the "Auto config" being set, the "Server IP" was the address of Comp2. (remember this was working a few minutes ago) So I turned off AutoConfig and set the IP address to be that of Comp1, and hit Stop/Start and THEN it connected. (I re-enabled the AutoConfig at that point.) This is where I am at the moment. I figured I'd start this Forum thread to log my findings. I expect to switch back and forth between Comp3user2 and Comp3user1 a couple of times today, so if anything new happens I'll post a follow-up. At the very least, I speculate that the Comp3 "Server IP" field was formerly set to Comp2's IP address from when it was the server. Then, when Comp1's Synergy spontaneously de-registered itself, Comp3's Synergy couldn't Auto Config any more, so tried to connect to the old IP address from the old configuration. Confused? I'll try to be more precise on follow-ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Following up a few moments later... Signing out of Comp3user2 back to Comp3user1, Synergy would no longer connect to Comp3. I observe Comp1's Log repeatedly printing the following: [code]ERROR: passive ssl error limit exceeded: 100001 ERROR: failed to accept secure socket INFO: client connection may not be secure NOTE: accepted client connection [/code] repeat every 2.5 seconds.... I manually launch Synergy on Comp3user1 and it connects to Comp1. (yay) The stream of fail messages stops and everything appears to be running as normal. Further details as events warrant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this