Davey

Are there release notes for the Synergy 2 releases

12 posts in this topic

I agree. Not only would it be nice, but it would also allow us to help the developers by checking what was changed on the latest update and give some feedback about those changes. Every time Synergy updates, I find myself searching for any changelog that may provide me any clues on what has been improved.

Edited by aristizabal95
mistype
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same. Holding off on reverting back to syn 1 in hopes of some sort of configuration. Thought that was supposed to be in 2.0.3... Release notes would be appreciated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theiss said:

Same. Holding off on reverting back to syn 1 in hopes of some sort of configuration. Thought that was supposed to be in 2.0.3... Release notes would be appreciated.

They stated configuration will come on Syn 2.1, which is expected to release on early 2018. I'm also waiting for this update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also vote for release notes.  That is generally considered standard practice on any software being released to users.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 1:34 PM, aristizabal95 said:

They stated configuration will come on Syn 2.1, which is expected to release on early 2018. I'm also waiting for this update

Any chance you have a source on this supposed release date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RDumais said:

Any chance you have a source on this supposed release date?

Yep, Nick Bolton stated this on the pinned post under Synergy 2 > Feature Ideas

"Synergy 2.1 (due early 2018) will be for the minority who want to tinker under the hood. It will have a settings screen, offline activation and other advanced options for more technical users"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, thanks for responses - especially from Nick.

For the record, I had no initial desire to tinker under the hood - particularly if the connections between my machines started up automatically after any machine was rebooted or awoke from sleep .... or I knew how to start the GUI from a command line on a mac because it did not appear if I clicked the icon. But they connections did not reconnect automatically and  I had to muck around a bit and google a lot to figure out how one sets which machine is the "server" etc. Its obvious once you know - but to figure out initially to right click on the server icons took a lot of clicking in those windows. I also did not know if there was a GUI window on the mac. I agree with all the reasons and advantages of having release notes mentioned above. The reason for a short user guide was just really to shortcut the learning process and have an idea what is supposed to happen - just in case it doesn't. Even the limited controls that are there for the current version. I consider these two items feature requests. For example - I still don't know how to get the PC and MAC to both be servers at the same time - or if that is possible.

Anyway - I look forward to the 2.1 update. 

Cheers,

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PWA said:

Hi all, thanks for responses - especially from Nick.

Just wanted to clarify that Nick Bolton has not replied to this topic, I just quoted one of his posts. It'd be nice if Nick Bolton or someone from the Synergy team responded to this, since it appears to be something most of the community really need, me included.

8 hours ago, PWA said:

The reason for a short user guide was just really to shortcut the learning process and have an idea what is supposed to happen - just in case it doesn't. Even the limited controls that are there for the current version. I consider these two items feature requests.

For the record, there is some sort of troubleshooting here on the forums. I'm gonna leave a link for reference

 

8 hours ago, PWA said:

or I knew how to start the GUI from a command line on a mac because it did not appear if I clicked the icon.

Also, for the record and for other people that might read this, there is a way to start the GUI from a command line

 

8 hours ago, PWA said:

I still don't know how to get the PC and MAC to both be servers at the same time - or if that is possible.

As of right now, you can't have more than one machine acting as server. But Synergy 2 will switch servers automatically whenever it sees some keyboard/mouse interaction on any connected device.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now