AllenVPI

Connection was there but lost

4 posts in this topic

I just reformatted my computer and go synergy up and running. After i began to add programs i lost connection. I removed the programs that i thought could cause a problem but it still didn't work.

What error(s) are you getting?

Hi Paul,

I actually figured out the issue. I had to reformat my computer and went through the process of checking each program against Synergy. It worked fine until I installed Avast Premium. After that it wouldn't work. I then uninstalled Avast Premium and it worked again. I do not know enough about Avast settings to keep it and synergy at the same time. So i am going to a different virus protection until it can be figured out. 

Thanks for looking into this :)

Allen

On 5/25/2017 at 3:12 AM, AllenVPI said:

Hi Paul,

I actually figured out the issue. I had to reformat my computer and went through the process of checking each program against Synergy. It worked fine until I installed Avast Premium. After that it wouldn't work. I then uninstalled Avast Premium and it worked again. I do not know enough about Avast settings to keep it and synergy at the same time. So i am going to a different virus protection until it can be figured out. 

Thanks for looking into this :)

Allen

Thanks for the update @AllenVPI. Might as well try to explore the whitelisting or the exemption option on Avast. If you're on a Premium subscription with them, try checking with their support team. ;)