mouse on client moves 2x as fast up and left

If you can't figure out where else to post.

mouse on client moves 2x as fast up and left

Postby Fred Anderson » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:08 am

Server Mac OSX Sierra - Synergy 1.8.4
Client Win 10 - Synergy 1.8.4

I have been using Synergy for a year with no problems, this started yesterday, may be related to Sierra Update on my Server.

The mouse moves normally on the server. However, on the client, the mouse seems to move left and up at a rate that is twice as fast/far as it does down and to the left.

Thanks in advance.

Re: mouse on client moves 2x as fast up and left

Postby Ryan Smith » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Same here, latest version, same strange movement moving up and left. if I spin my cursor in a small circle it seems to spiral towards the top left of the screen.

Also running OS X Sierra on my server, and windows 10 as a client.

Postby Fred Anderson » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:16 am

Ryan, what kind of mouse are you using? I am using a Logitech G502 (wired). I will try to dig up an old mouse later and see if happens there as well.

Postby Andy Jarrell » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:54 am

I have seen this too with the following setup:

Server Mac OSX Sierra - Synergy 1.8.4
Client Ubuntu 14.04 - Synergy 1.8.4

I have a Steel Series Sensei Raw. I was seeing odd behavior where the mouse movement was both faster, and the mouse acceleration only seemed to be applied in the vertical up direction (hilariously frustrating). It had worked fine before I updated to Sierra with 1.8.4. I got around it by installing a tool provided by SteelSeries called ExactMouse, which disabled acceleration only for the SteelSeries devices. Not ideal, but has me working. However, I have another issue which is regarding my desktop arrangement. My setup is:

[Ubuntu monitor] [MacBook secondary monitor][MacBook built-in monitor]

What I experience is when I go into the Ubuntu monitor and then move back the mouse shows up in the center of the built-in MacBook monitor.

I imagine Sierra is doing something very different than what Yosemite was doing in the realm of the mouse. I'll search the forum to see if I can find anyone else with a suggestion. I haven't yet tried the 1.8.5 stable build, but may do that next.

Postby Fred Anderson » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:38 am

I have tried the nightly stable builds of 1.8.5 with no luck. I dusted off my mac Magic Mouse and it works just fine.
I am guessing it something to do with our third party gaming mice. Not sure about your steelcase by my logitech has all kinds of settings for precision and polling rate.

I would be interested to see if others are having this problem, and if so how they are coping with it.

Postby Collin Lichtenberger » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:58 am

I've been having this exact same issue. It is most definitely related to Mac OS 10.12. This behavior immediately started after the Mac OS Upgrade. It makes the client machine very frustrating to use. And I've had the issue across a number of clients Win10 and Mac OS 10.11.

Postby Fred Anderson » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Maybe we could get a Synergy dev to chime in here. Is this an Apple issue, or a Synergy issue?
@Collin, what kind of mouse are you using?
Thanks in advance.

Postby Ryan Smith » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:03 pm

@Fred I'm using a Razer DeathAdder Chroma

Postby Kristoffer Sørensen » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:24 am

I experience the same problem. I use OS Sierra as server, Win10 as slave - mouse moves weirdly on the slave.

Furthermore, in a maybe related issue, rapid mousemovement on the slave, will trigger mouse-over effects on the master in the center of the screen.

Postby Eric Schlegel » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:53 am

I'm experiencing the same issue after upgrading the MacOS Sierra 10.12.

Synergy Version - 1.8.5
Client - Windows 7
Mouse - Corsair M50.

I've never had a mouse sensitivity issue before with any previous version of MacOS.

The speed almost makes the Windows machine unusable.

Changing the pointer speed in Windows Control Panel or tracking in Mac System Preferences didn't make any difference.

Next

Return to General Discussion