Help & Troubleshooting
How do I add a HotKey to restart the server computer?
Synergy allows you to restart on the server computer even when the mouse is on the client computer, by adding a HotKey.
How to add a HotKey:
- On the Server computer, open Configure Server and the HotKey section:
- Click on "New", and you will see this:
- Click on keystroke().
- Press your key combination, for example, press Ctrl+Alt+r, and you will see this:
- Click ok. Then select the key you just generated, and then click “New” under Actions.
- Back in the Configure Action window, select "Restart Server" at the bottom:
- Click Ok to close the Configure Action window; then click Ok to close the Configure Server window, and click Apply in the main window. You will now be able to "restart" the server Synergy application when you are in the client computer by pressing the key combination configured.
Talk to a Human
If this article didn't help, you can talk to someone on our support team.