Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Hanging forever while downloading plugins

Mic Bowman
I just installed 1.7.1 & tried to run the wizard to activate. The wizard hangs indefinitely at the "Downloading plugins: ns (1/1)" dialog. I'm behind a firewall, but I've configured the firewall to allow synergy access. I'm guessing there is a proxy problem? Earlier versions of synergy worked fine.
Ted Weatherly
Same here. I use a proxy to connect to the internet with my computer. I have the proxy setup the normal way through Windows.
Brian Crook
Happening to me as well. I checked with Fiddler and I'm seeing HTTP 407 (Proxy Authentication Required) responses being returned to syntool when it tries to connect to synergy-project.org:443. It also looks like these 407'd requests are affecting the Activation as well. I have the proxy defined at the Windows level - it's an autoconfig script. This is my first time trying to setup the pro version so I'm unsure if it was a problem in previous versions. I'm on Windows 7, Synergy 1.7.1.
Robert Beban
Same here. I decided to skip it and now Synergy is totally unusable. Hope someone responds with a fix soon.
Brian Crook
[quote="Robert Beban"]Same here. I decided to skip it and now Synergy is totally unusable. Hope someone responds with a fix soon.[/quote] Are you getting the "Cannot connect to IPC" or something? I had to stop the Synergy services on all my PCs, stop the client & server and restart everything.
Same issue here ("downloading plugin:ns" and proxy) As I don't have control of my company's proxy, I am running my Synergy's server workstation as UNREGISTERED. A solution would be greatly appreciated
Marko Heikkinen
[quote="TOUIBI Karim"]Same issue here ("downloading plugin:ns" and proxy)[/quote] And here. Global proxy setup in use.
Greg Sweet
+1 on this. I'm behind a government proxy server. Should I start the 3 month process of getting (most likely denied for) a proxy exception, or are you going to fix this? This so entirely disappointing. Synergy was so useful, I gladly paid for it out of my own pocket! Since Synergy has now introduced an activation and plugin scheme that requires a silent Internet connection over port 443 Synergy has rendered the software unusable in my work environment. I can request a proxy exception, but need to know exactly what IPs will be targeted by the connection, what the business need is for the exception, and how many users it will impact. I can tell you from experience that one user, regardless of need, will not be enough to get the exception. Can we have software that just works please? Without all the silent phoning home nonsense? That would be great, thanks. Edited by Guest
Robert Wilcox
I, too, am having this problem. I am behind a corporate proxy, and no matter what I try, it will not download the ns plugin.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...