Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy and Karabiner (Mac OS)

Dennis Effing
Hi, I just bought Synergy a few days ago and I am pretty satisfied with how seamlessly everything works so far but I do have two issues which I couldn't resolve, one involving an app called "Karabiner" on Mac OS X. Karabiner essentially allows you to remap certain keys to other keys. For example it enables you to switch Command-L with Option-L, or enables you to map the keyboard for a german QWERTZ layout with its special characters like '{'. The problem is that the remapping doesn't work when using a keyboard connected over Synergy (Windows Server, Mac OS Client). I guess it has something to do with how those keypresses are sent and executed on the client machine. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Regards, Dennis
  • 3 months later...
Rajveer Aujla
I too am looking for compatibility between Synergy and Karabiner. I found this post [url]https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/osx-karabiner/Sbhecc8G2y0/_RY_LfAlOnIJ[/url] which says that Karabiner modifies key events on the keyboard driver level, and I'm guessing Synergy bypasses this layer. Could Synergy be modified to support this?