Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multiple IPs

Luca Sasdelli
Hello all, my "server" Windows PC has several IP addresses on NIC and sometimes Synergy bind to an arbitrary address, avoiding connection to its client. Does it exist any way to force a given binding address for the server? Cheers Luca
  • 4 weeks later...
Byron Morgan
The most effective way to do this that comes to mind first, is setting a static-IP address for both devices. The client would never get confused where to connect to. I hope this helps :)
David D. Hodgkiss
I have only just started to use Synergy so don't have much experience yet. However, I thought that the following my be helpful. I am using DNS throughout my network but have configured the router such that it always give the same IP address to particular machines (using their MAC addresses). I set it up in tis way some time ago and find that it is working very well. Of course, it all depends upon your router providing that facility.
  • 3 months later...
Luca Sasdelli
[quote="Byron Morgan"]The most effective way to do this that comes to mind first, is setting a static-IP address for both devices. The client would never get confused where to connect to. I hope this helps :)[/quote] Hi, unfortunately even with static IPs, Synergy takes one IP randomly for binding. It would be HIGHLY useful to define a given IP address for Synergy binding. Best Luca