Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Hello, I am trying to install Synergy as a server on a machine that we have on a secure network (no internet access). I am unable to activate and now with the new Synergy Pro version I'm unable to download and install the ns plugin automatically. Any suggestions for getting around these issues? I'd like to request that offline activation be an optional feature in upcoming releases. With other software we have, we're able to obtain an offline activation key from the vendor that's specific to our organization or individual license. Thanks, Nick
DanielJohnson
I'd actually come to request an ability to specify an HTTP/HTTPS proxy server to handle my office environment, but a fully offline installer would work just as well. In my case my laptop is able to reach the internet without a proxy while at home, but my desktop isn't as lucky.
DanielJohnson
Ah, I should have paid more attention to the Desktop system. It seems to reach through the IE-defined proxy just fine to check my activation info and get the plug-in list, it's just the plug-in download itself that's making no headway. I tried copying ns.dll from my laptop, didn't seem to help. Hmm, guess I'll drop back to v1.6.x for a bit.
James T. Kirk
[quote="DanielJohnson"]It seems to reach through the IE-defined proxy just fine to check my activation info and get the plug-in list, it's just the plug-in download itself that's making no headway. [/quote] Exactly the same here. Any solution?