Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multi-Monitor Setup (3/1)

michael lysaght
Sorry to potentially spam with another multi-monitor setup question. I have four monitors (2x2). The server has three monitors and the client has one monitor. The client is in the top right of the setup (demonstrated below). I want the top border of the bottom right monitor (Server2) and the right border of the top left monitor (Server3) to move to the client. This would make it act like a normal setup if I were to have four monitors on one box. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this? Thanks in advance. [Server3][Client ] [Server1][Server2]
The problem with this configuration is you are moving a server monitor (3) where Synergy does not affect the mouse (going from Server 1 up to Server 3 instead of left/right). You could have the Client in it's place using a text config. See -> [url]http://synergy-project.org/wiki/Text_Config[/url] look at the links section. But as for being able to go up to another server monitor, I don't think that is possible with Synergy at this time. Edit: Although in windows you can move your monitor(server 3) to that position. (forgot about that....doh) Read that section in the wiki to find what you are looking for . :)
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm afraid this configuration is not supported by Synergy. Synergy sees all monitors plugged in to a single computer as one large "screen" so putting another screen within this existing virtual screen is not possible. You will need to choose a direction which your client is considered to be in and set it up that way. For example, you could set it to be to the right of the server, and you would have to move your mouse to the lower right screen, and then off the right edge of that screen, and Synergy will move it to the left edge of the client screen. The Synergy developers are working to improve this, and add a feature where you can treat individual monitors as independent screens. This will take a significant amount of development, so I don't have a time yet when this is expected to be done.
  • 1 month later...
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
If you just want to get a consistency of motion of a cursor, the following would be a tentative answers. The cursor can move through all displays as like as you mentioned. However, this solution precludes moving a window from the server1 to the server3 directly. When you want to move a window on the server1 to the server3, it is necessary to move it server2 once. If you have been using the graphic board enhancement which allows you to extend a window beyond the border between all displays of the server. it might not work correctly. (I can't test a such case.) Server setting : (NOT actual alignment, just a setting.) [server1][server2] --blank--[server3] and edit config file [code] section:links [servername]: down(50,100)=[servername](0,50) up(0,50)=[servername](50,100) right(50,100)=[clientname](0,100) up(50,100)=[clientname](0,100) [clientname]: down(0,100)=[servername](50,100) left(0,100)=[servername](0,50) [/code]
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
Update : [quote]However, this solution precludes moving a window from the server1 to the server3 directly. When you want to move a window on the server1 to the server3, it is necessary to move it server2 once. [/quote] I found that a window can go through the border between server 1 to the server3 directly.