Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy Pro (1.7.1) disconnects immediately

Ken Jordan
I've downloaded and installed v1.7.1 and activated the Pro version with SSL enabled on my iMac (OSX v10.10.1) and MBP (OSX 10.10.2). I've gone thru the pref's and all looks ok. After starting Synergy on both, the client (MBP) and server (iMac) connect but as soon as I move the cursor to the client, the client immediately disconnects and the cursor jumps back to the Server's screen center. I've tried this "activate, connect, move cursor, disconnect" scenario multiple times with the same result. I enabled DEBUG2 log level on both client and server. [b]The forum is not allowing me to attached the zipped file (of both logs). I'll save them and wait to hear back.[/b] Let me know what else I can try or provide. Thank you, Ken
Ken Jordan
UPDATE: It's working at the moment. Started both server and client w/ DEBUG2 log level and it's staying connected. I've backed the log level down to INFO and they're staying connected. I'm not sure what the deal was with the disconnects but for now it's working. UPDATE (5/6/15): Server/Client continue to work fine at INFO level (haven't tried changing it). Edited by Guest
Scott Sheppard
I updated to Pro (was already upgraded to 1.71) on a 10.8.5 iMac and 10.10.3 MBPro and Synergy refused to start and run on the 10.8.5 iMac as a server. The client side on the 10.10.3 machine worked. Disabled SSL on both machines and am back up and running.
Kevin Dong
I had the same issue (Windows 7 64-bit server, Mac OS X Yosemite client). Changing the logging level to Debug2 didn't fix the problem, but it did reveal a log of SSL errors. Everything is working now after disabling SSL on both of my machines.
Ken Jordan
[quote="pete"]I believe this happens if you have any sort of complicated content (other than short text) in the clipboard, when using SSL. At least that's what I've found from my troubleshooting. https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4611 https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4601[/quote] Pete, I believe you're onto it! I tried the following scenarios: (A) With SSL enabled: Clipboard content and attempting to cross window boundary. Note: It did not matter whether the clipboard was populated from server or client: (1) Simple text - SUCCESS (2) Picture snapshot - FAIL (B) With SSL disabled: Clipboard content and attempting to cross window boundary: (1) Simple text - SUCCESS (2) Picture snapshot - SUCCESS
Kate Sohn
[quote="pete"]I believe this happens if you have any sort of complicated content (other than short text) in the clipboard, when using SSL. At least that's what I've found from my troubleshooting. https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4611 https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4601[/quote] OMG!!! I think this was why my connection kept failing. Finally I know why. Thank you! I turned off my SSL connection, and now I will be monitoring for additional bugs for the next few days. Thanks anyway!!!!!!!
Adam Snell
I can confirm that this problem is still happening in 1.7.2, at least on my setup: Server: iMac running Mac OS 10.9.5, connected to ethernet Client: Dell laptop running Windows 10 Tech Preview, connected to either ethernet or wifi Error: If I copy a large amount of text into the "shared clipboard" and try to cross to the other screen the Windows client loses its connection and the Synergy server "stops". I can restart the server, but again as soon as I try to cross to the client, the client disconnects and the server stops. Copying a smaller amount of text into the clipboard and then restarting the server solves the issue. I have not tried it with SSL disabled, but will do so and update. [b]UPDATE[/b]: I disabled SSL and confirmed that the problem goes away.
Benjamin Ventress
Hi all, I have the same issue with Synergy disconnecting when there is a complicated or large amount on the clipboard. I've followed the instructions on how to turn off SSL in firefox on both the mac (server) and pc (client). Both are set to 1. The problem is still there though. Anything else I need to be doing? Server: Macbook Pro running Mac OS 10.9.5, connected to ethernet Client: PC running Windows 7 Home Premium, connected to either ethernet or wifi EDIT - Turned SSL off in Synergy Settings and it seems to have fixed it.
  • 2 weeks later...
Randi Serres
[quote="Kevin Dong"]I had the same issue (Windows 7 64-bit server, Mac OS X Yosemite client). Changing the logging level to Debug2 didn't fix the problem, but it did reveal a log of SSL errors. Everything is working now after disabling SSL on both of my machines.[/quote] This worked for me too. Thank you!