Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.74 + MacOS El Capitan: Unhappy Partners

Just upgraded to MacOS 10.11, and upgraded both my Mac (client) and PC (server) to Synergy 1.74 (was previously running 1.72). What used to be a mostly-seamless experience (Mac still needs some shift key and spacebar help) has turned into something really annoying. Performance on the Mac side is now really choppy -- mouse skipping around the screen, not always registering mouse clicks or keyboard use. Turned off SSH on both sides, but no difference. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
Darin Kadrioski
I'm seeing the exact same behavior. My server is Win10 and my client is Mac. Things were working beautifully on Yosemite but am now getting really choppy performance after updating to El Capitan. At first I thought it was my wireless network acting up but even after connecting both machines to wired gigabit it persists. Sluggish mousing is bad enough, but it's the delays while typing that are really driving me nuts at the moment :-(
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Benjamin Vogan
I am having the same problem on Yosemite. I have a Windows 10 server and my MacBook Pro on Yosemite (10.10.5). It is completely unusable some of the time. If I walk away and come back in a few hours everything will work for an hour or so and then it starts getting bogged down. I don't see any problems looking at the network traffic on the Mac or my router. I also don't see any excessive CPU usage. No idea why it is slow.