Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Copy/Paste solution?

Jacob Allred
So I have been using version 1.3.8 for ever and starting having problems with copy/paste functionality (unable to perform a copy from ANY machine: host or client). I paid for the latest version (1.7.4) hoping this would solve my problem but it appears that my computer will lose it's copy/paste functionality once I spin up Synergy on it... Anyone have a solution for this, or am I SOL? I really rely on the copy/paste functionality to get work done... if it's not possible to get this functional then i'll have to come up with another solution or possibly a physical KVM. thanks,
Steve Mulligan
The broken copy/paste really bugs me, I wish they would fix it. Sometimes it works if I paste text into Sublime (text editor) and then copy the text from Sublime before trying to paste it. But copying directly from browsers or Outlook fails every time (Windows server to Mac client).
Jacob Allred
I've been trying to find the root cause in my environment but I'm coming up short handed. At present my scenario is as such: 1. Freshly boot all three of my machines (all windows 10, running Synergy version 1.7.4) 2. Copy and Paste works properly on each machine individually and across machines 3. Indeterminate amount of time and operations later, the copy and paste functionality no longer works. while working in excel, since I cannot cut and paste cells, I use the cell drag and drop operation which gives me the following error: [quote]We couldn't free up space on the Clipboard. Another program might be using it right now.[/quote] Using a clipboard sniffing application (tried several), I see that the clipboard is empty. Based on this, I started to investigate to see which application has my clipboard locked. I've not been able to gain access to see what application (PID) is locking the clipboard. Does anyone have a tool that will display this information? I've assumed that it's Synergy that's locking the clipboard but I would like to confirm it in my own findings. thanks,
Aled Treharne
I have to admit, I've had this problem for a long time, certainly since 1.3. I have similar symptoms in that it will work fine for a while but then stop working at an indeterminate time. I also have some odd behaviour - server is a Mac mini running OSX Yosemite (although this behaviour hasn't changed for several versions), client is a Windows 7 box. * Fairly consistently, I can't copy from the Mac whilst the text is still hi lighted. I have to hi light the text, copy, click off of it, move mouse to Windows screen, paste. If I miss the step where I deselect the text, it doesn't transfer across, even though it's in the copy buffer on the mac. * Randomly, copy/paste will get fussy about the source, normally from Windows to Mac. If I copy from a web page, Outlook, Word doc or any other formatted text, it simply doesn't copy accross. The content is always in the copy buffer in Windows. If I paste into a text editor like notepad and copy this then, it works fine. * Rarely, I simply stop being able to get copy/paste working from PC to Mac. Nothing I try works. The randomness of this and the fact that it takes a random amount of time from the time I start Synergy makes this very awkward to debug and it's so minor I haven't every really spent any time on it.
Jacob Allred
Does that mean there is no development effort to resolve this problem? The fact that copy/paste will break with [b]no clients[/b] connected is a cause for concern for me. If this is an area of the product that will not be enhanced I'd like to know so I can find another product or another solution. losing the copy/paste functionality on my machines isn't workable.
[quote="Jacob Allred"]Does that mean there is no development effort to resolve this problem? The fact that copy/paste will break with [b]no clients[/b] connected is a cause for concern for me. If this is an area of the product that will not be enhanced I'd like to know so I can find another product or another solution. losing the copy/paste functionality on my machines isn't workable.[/quote] I totally agree on this. Please fix this issue guys! In the meantime I use Mouse without borders from MS...