Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Only use key mappings if client is the active screen?

Server: Win10 Client: Mac OSX 10.11 My server's keyboard setup is fine obviously, but from what I have read if I map a key or button press to some action, that action will be performed on the client even if it is not active. As it stands, with my config file below, when I press back on my mouse on my windows server the keyboard combo (Super + [) will also be faked on my mac. But I only want that to happen if the mac is the active screen. For example: right now if I had a chrome window open on both my mac and pc, and pressed mousebutton(4) to navigate back on my Win10 Chrome, the Mac Chrome would also navigate back. I don't want that to happen. If I leave out the screen parameter ( i.e., mousebutton(4) = keystroke(Super+[) ) then I am messing up what had been a working and natural keyboard/mouse configuration on my server. I hope that makes sense.. there might be an obvious solution I am missing. Is there something in the source code I can change to get this desired effect? [code]section: options #... mousebutton(4) = keystroke(Super+[,Mac) #... end [/code]
Alternatively, could I set it up such that key presses are ignored on the server if the server is the active screen? That way I could still map the right keys for the Mac, and the normal setup for my Windows device stays the same.
So in case any one came across the same issue as me, I figured out a "fix," even though it's really just a band-aid. Actually it works alright. Just get BetterTouchTool for Mac, and configure whatever input synergy sends through to whatever you want it to do. For example, for whatever reason a four finger swipe up on my trackpad fed through synergy as cmd+ctrl+alt+shift+tab, so I just mapped that key combo to mission control in BetterTouchTool on my mac. Now my keyboard works as expected on my pc and I just translate whatever garbled/incorrect/unusual input synergy sends to my mac using BTT.