Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

MAC/PC Connection failure

Douglas Gennetten

Douglas Gennetten
I'm inside a corporate network which is PC-centric with some MAC 'tolerance'. Trying to connect with PC as server, the two devices communicate but on the PC I see (repeating): [2015-10-01T08:19:10] NOTE: accepted client connection [2015-10-01T08:19:10] WARNING: unrecognised client name "DouglasgMacPro.local", check server config [2015-10-01T08:19:10] NOTE: disconnecting client "DouglasgMacPro.local" [2015-10-01T08:19:10] NOTE: client "DouglasgMacPro.local" has disconnected While on the MAC I see (again, repeating. Redacted): [2015-10-01TO8:19:10] NOTE: connecting to 'DOUGEN1': 16.XXX.X.XX:24800 [2015-10-01TO8:19:10] NOTE: server refused client with name "DouglasMacPro.local" [2015-10-01TO8:19:10] WARNING: failed to connect to server: server refused client with our name What should I do next? I'm a complete newbie with Synergy. I did get it running between these two devices with both of them at home, and became an instant fan of this amazing software. Thanks,
Douglas Gennetten
I'm new to this forum. I would have thought that this problem was an easy-to-solve user error. My devices see each other but refuse to connect. Surely, this is symptomatic of a known configuration mistake or something similar? I can connect fine when I have these two devices on my home network. They fail when at work and connected to two separate networks (wireless and wired go through different DNS).