Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Warning: Cursor may not be visible

Just installed and when the client runs on my Mac I see a Warning in the log: Cursor May Not be Visible. Sure enough the cursor is not visible on my Mac or my PC until I stop the client on the Mac. I see some old postings here on the forums but none seem to be on point. Configuration is pretty simple: Windows 8.1 is the server - 64 bit Synergy 1.7.4 Mac OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite) is the only client - Also Synergy 1.7.4 I literally just installed and have done no other configuration other than to connect the Mac client and position it in the grid. Any ideas or help is appreciated.
  • 4 months later...
Hi I am experiencing similar problem for some time now, when I can see the cursor on both machines, but I am not able to type on 2nd machine (Win10). Is anyone running a password manager on their chrome browser, specially 'LastPass'. I just worked this out, that if i logout of my LastPass Chrome extension - everything works fine! For me its seems that the extension is the cause of the problem. Any developers able to help fix?
Anoop, if you are seeing the cursor on each machine that is a different problem and so it should be in a different thread. This thread is for cursor not visible. If I see you post to a dedicated thread (or another where the issue is the same as yours), I'll try to help. We would need more info: your Synergy version, what things you are trying to get text to appear when you type, where you have this issue and where you don't (if it isn't happening on all systems), the Language setting for each OS and each Synergy, etc. - Brian [quote="Anoop"]Hi I am experiencing similar problem for some time now, when I can see the cursor on both machines, but I am not able to type on 2nd machine (Win10). [/quote]
Jim and Lin, Are you still experiencing this issue? When this happens, are you able to type anything? The cursor is not visible on either server or client, except when using a directly-connected mouse and Synergy is not running? I hope you don't mind tellins us all of the circumstances where you see a mouse pointer (or, text cursor when in a document program or any field which accepts text), and all of the circumstances where you don't see a pointer or cursor. I don't see enough info here to know how to help. Most of the existing bugs/issues in regard to "Cursor May Not be Visible" have to do with Synergy having stopped or disconnected. Are you checking the status of Synergy whenever this happens? Would you mind doing this for us? - Stop Synergy on each system - enable "Debug" for "Logging level" in each Synergy GUI's "Edit" -> "Settings" - Start Synergy on each system - as soon as you don't see a pointer or cursor where there should be one, copy-paste the content of each Synergy's log to this thread - let us know any error messages (the entire error, when you see it, where it appears) and when they occur Thanks! - Brian [quote="Jim Yanik"]Just installed and when the client runs on my Mac I see a Warning in the log: Cursor May Not be Visible. Sure enough the cursor is not visible on my Mac or my PC until I stop the client on the Mac. I see some old postings here on the forums but none seem to be on point. Configuration is pretty simple: Windows 8.1 is the server - 64 bit Synergy 1.7.4 Mac OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite) is the only client - Also Synergy 1.7.4 I literally just installed and have done no other configuration other than to connect the Mac client and position it in the grid. Any ideas or help is appreciated.[/quote]
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, same thing here.Ā  Moving the server side pointer off the screen to the client display shows focus on the client display.Ā  KB inputs work, but the mouse pointer is not there.

Ā 

This makes this product mostly useless for me.

• 1 month later...
ScottAndrewRogers

"cursor may not be visible" is consistently happeningĀ to me

Ā 

Have to agree it's made a great product almost unusable for meĀ :(