Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

ssl error occured (system call failure)

Scott Shawmeker

Scott Shawmeker
This started today without any apparent cause. Server on Windows 10 and Client on Windows 7. Currently using 1.7.4 stable version. Tried a repair, reload, nightly build, etc. Repaired, reloaded client as well. Nothing seems to work. My guess is an automated background update to Windows 10 changed something but I cannot confirm. Here is a snap of the re-occurring messages: [2015-09-18T17:00:17] ERROR: eof violates ssl protocol [2015-09-18T17:00:17] WARNING: failed to accept secure socket [2015-09-18T17:00:18] NOTE: client "HIO4463" has disconnected [2015-09-18T17:00:18] NOTE: accepted client connection [2015-09-18T17:00:19] NOTE: new client disconnected [2015-09-18T17:00:19] NOTE: new client disconnected [2015-09-18T17:00:19] NOTE: accepted client connection [2015-09-18T17:00:33] ERROR: ssl error occurred (system call failure) [2015-09-18T17:00:33] ERROR: eof violates ssl protocol [2015-09-18T17:00:33] WARNING: failed to accept secure socket [2015-09-18T17:00:35] NOTE: accepted client connection [2015-09-18T17:00:36] NOTE: accepted client connection Need to get this back working ASAP. Cheers, Scott
If this really is an ssl protocol error, then to get back up and running immediately you can turn off SSL Encryption for both the client and the server. I don't know if your network requires such traffic to be secured, so this might not be possible. I expect someone will find the cause of this soon, if not me.
Scott Shawmeker
I have disabled SSL3 on the WIN7 machine and now the Synergy windows show a connection. However when moving between screens at about 80% across the Server screen (20% from the edge when I would be going into the client) the mouse pointer disappears...cannot be found on either system BUT the client shows "entering screen". I can get the pointer back visible and on the server by hitting ctrl-alt-del on the server and then cancelling out. The mouse will continue to work on the server this way. Something changed in the background late last week and I am not sure what. My set up allows for use of a work computer (client, WIN 7, laptop) and personal computer (server, WIN 10, dektop). I have spent the better part of last Friday and all of this morning trying to fix it, the frustration level is growing. This is making it impossible to use Synergy and I may need to revert to a hardwired KVM (or double up my mouse and keyboard.) The cynic in me notes that I just noticed the (and I paraphrase) "you do not have a support agreement which entitles you to phone or email support" on my login when I started troubleshooting this issue.
Did you disable SSL3 in Synergy, or do you mean some sort of option in Windows? You shouldn't have to mess with any Windows specific options, synergy can handle turning it on and off. You also have to disable it on the clients as well as the server.. All SSL related errors should be resolved by disabling Network Encryption in Synergy's settings. If you can verify that every server and client has SSL disabled, then please post the entire log containing errors here.