Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse Locked in Client

Arnaldo Piccinelli

Arnaldo Piccinelli
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Connectivity, but Connectivity doesn't seem to be the issue here. My son was using the computer when this happened so I may be missing a detail or 2. 1. Windows 10 running as Client 2. Mac OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) running as Server 3. I was still logged in, but my son switched to his OS user profile, which is a limited user profile using the simplified Finder 4. At some point he moved the trackpad up and it ended up on the Client screen 5. After that, he could see the trackpad moving on the Server, but it would not click any buttons 6. Moving the trackpad down caused the cursor on the Server to move to the bottom of the screen, but control would not return from the Client 7. I ended up having to use the Client's mouse to stop Synergy on the Client 8. Only then did the trackpad start clicking again I'd like to avoid this in the future and also make this public in case it is a known or unknown bug. Thanks for the help, and I love Synergy!!!
Arturo Espinosa Aldama
I just ran into something similar, using Win10 as a server. Check if this solution works for you: Problem: Windows 10 user interface scaling on the server is causing a screen geometry calculation error. This probably happens on the clients as well, you would have to test. To reproduce, on the client side (Windows 10), right-click on the desktop and select Display settings. A metro app with the System Settings will appear, with the Display section selected (title: "Customize your display"). There's a horizontal scrolling selector with the text "Change text size of text, apps, and other items". If you select something different to 100% (say, 125%), and click Apply, and then probably restart synergy afterwards, the bug will happen. If I move this setting to 1:1 (100%), synergy works correctly. This started happening when I configured a new user account on the server which used the default 125% scaling. I noticed that when I used the original account, synergy went on just fine. I am unsing a copy of the same sgc configuration file for both accounts. Now I have put scaling on the new account to 100% and everything is fine now.
  • 1 month later...
Alexander Monty
A similar situation Configuration Win 10 server running Synergy 1.7.4 Win 8.1 client using same Synergy; client has high resolution screen obliging me to use large text size (250%) Problem: once PCs sync, mouse disappears on client screen and stays there, cannot get control of server back unless I kill synergy with task manager on client side using local mouse. I've tried suggestion to change properties of synergy.exe (Click the checkbox for "Deactivate scaling for high DPI value") but no change. I can't use standard 100% text size because letters are the size of fly droppings. I can't use synergy any more. any suggestions would be welcome
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...