Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Keyboard stops working

Hi, could someone help me please? The problem is the following. I have two computers connected. Main has Win8, second has Win10. Basically the problem is that keyboard stops working on the second computer sometimes. The mouse is working fine and also (which is interesting) Win key continues working and key combinations like alt+tab don't work. But if I try to input something to notepad then nothing's happening. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this problem? This issue happens quite often and resolves itself within several minutes while I'm doing nothing about it.
  • 4 weeks later...
Michael Richmond
I'm experiencing the same problem on a different pair of operating systems. Synergy v1.7.4 Server: Mac OS X 10.10.5 Client: CentOS Linux 7.x updated to current repo versions I have started to have problems where keyboard events are not passed to the client machine. Mouse events are passed to the client without problems. This occurs with SSL enabled and with SSL disabled. I have seen this issue occasionally resolve itself and have keyboard events passing to the client. However over the past week I've spent more time with key events not being passed than with key events being passed. What logs/data collection is necessary to debug?