Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.7.4 Mac Yosemite - Can't Get Past Security Issue

Mike Smith
When I run the app, I get the following message: [b]"Synergy.app" would like to control this computer using accessibility features. Grant access to this application in Security & Privacy preferences, located in Security Preferences.[/b] Fine, I understand what is going on. So I click the "Open System Preferences" button and Synergy shows up in the list of apps to trust. I check the checkbox and try to run Synergy again and I keep getting presented with the same message above over and over.
  • 3 weeks later...
michael maskalans
I'm having the same issue. I would bet it has to do with a preferences caching service that I believe to be new with 10.9. It bit me REALLY hard when trying to move ARD settings between computers. Changes to files on disk would only be caught after a reboot. There's a lot of info here: http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?s ... 8042828630 Killing my user's cfprefsd did not resolve. Killing ALL cfprefsd processes did not resolve. [code]defaults read com.apple.universalaccessAuthWarning.plist[/code] did not resolve either. Nor does it reflect what I see in the system preference pane. Nor does it change if I select Deny for Synergy. I guess I'll resort to a reboot, and follow up with results. Frustrating.
  • 2 weeks later...
Ah ha! I don't have a Mac, so I can't actually try this, but Mac and Linux use similar systems for system settings so I can offer a guess. After some research on the link you gave above and some other sites [url]https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4301[/url] You may be able to simply delete the file containing data for your particular issue. From the article I linked, you would pretty much just delete the appropriate .plist file in ~/Library/Preferences/ folder. Please be careful about what you delete, my guess is that these files are generated when you use the Preferences app, but still, it's an educated guess :? That would be the place I would start. Delete the plist file, reboot, and reset your Synergy stuff and hope OS X can figure it out this time! Please let me know if you get it back up and running.