Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

libns.so on Linux Mint x64

I know I am not the only one running into this problem so I am posting here. Every version since 1.6.2 will not run on Linux that I have tried. encryption on, encryption off doesn't matter I get: NOTE: log level: INFO ERROR: failed to load plugin: libns.so FATAL: An error occurred: libssl.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process It is my client computer connecting to Win 7 x64 which doesn't really matter, just putting it out there. I was told on Github to compile Synergy without that plug in but haven't tried it. Its a problem that needs to be fixed.
TheMartyJoy
"FATAL: An error occurred: libssl.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" I would think maybe a dependency issue. you need libssl and possibly libssl-dev packages installed and updated.
recluse
No go, libssl was installed and up to date. Installed the libssl-dev packages and still the same thing
TheMartyJoy
Did you make sure to update the repository list (IE make sure you are installing the latest libssl packages)?
Stephen Boyer
There is a bug with the version of the libns.so plugin that ships with the packages, which at the very least affects Debian and Ubuntu systems. https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/4565 the fix for it for Debian at least is: ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.10 ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.10 That MAY get you through the error, if it doesn't, then you will need to do like I did, and download the source tarball, and build the libns.so module from source, then move it into the ~/.synergy/plugins directory.