Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Peer based Synergy option

Hi there,  long time synergy user and currently using 2.0.12 Beta across 4 MacOS machines on my work-desk..

The server based architecture works well but I wonder if it might be time to either switch or provide an optional peer based mode..

My suggestion is that any synergy connected key board or pointer device can be used (So the active server switches seamlessly to the non-idle servers)

Make things simple could press a harness key twice to switch (like shift).    Thus I could start typing on my iMac keyboard..   Switch to my laptop keyboard and touch screen relatively seamlessly..

Thanks for reading.

Hi there,  long time synergy user and currently using 2.0.12 Beta across 4 MacOS machines on my work-desk..

The server based architecture works well but I wonder if it might be time to either switch or provide an optional peer based mode..

My suggestion is that any synergy connected key board or pointer device can be used (So the active server switches seamlessly to the non-idle servers)

Make things simple could press a harness key twice to switch (like shift).    Thus I could start typing on my iMac keyboard..   Switch to my laptop keyboard and touch screen relatively seamlessly..

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Dweller