Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

XBOX One App

JDDoesIT

Can you expound on this? I see a market for this as well, but there are a lot of hurdles to get over.

The way Synergy currently works there has to be an application running on each device that sits in the background as a service. Third-party applications for consoles are usually foreground, high-level, non system-service programs that have a clear start and end to their run-time and do not allow any interaction with any other applications or their data (for security purposes).

This could not be released as a normal stand-alone item on the store, but would have to be partnered effort with Microsoft, and the licensing conversations alone could be a nightmare.

DangerDavis
30 minutes ago, JDDoesIT said:

Can you expound on this? I see a market for this as well, but there are a lot of hurdles to get over.

The way Synergy currently works there has to be an application running on each device that sits in the background as a service. Third-party applications for consoles are usually foreground, high-level, non system-service programs that have a clear start and end to their run-time and do not allow any interaction with any other applications or their data (for security purposes).

This could not be released as a normal stand-alone item on the store, but would have to be partnered effort with Microsoft, and the licensing conversations alone could be a nightmare.

You are probably right about this. I hadn't thought about the applications only running one at a time on the Xbox. I was just hoping there was a way to add this support so that I can seemlesly move between PC and Xbox.

Microsoft seems open to making their platform more appealing to a greater range of people. Maybe all it would take is for someone to ask the right person at Microsoft and they could make it happen.