Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Laggy/Slow Mouse Movement

I was hoping this was a result of some recent Windows update and would be resolved, but I have had extremely laggy/slow mouse movement on the computer which is using the shared mouse/keyboard for about the past month now. It is anywhere from a 0.25 to 2 second delay before my mouse movement shows up on the computer. The keyboard is far more responsive, but still maybe 0.25-0.5 seconds behind. I have tried restarting both computers with no luck and no idea what other setting options I could try changing to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, this issue is currently making it infeasible to use Synergy for my work purposes. I have attached a short clip showing this issue.

5c7afb40bc3b0_SynergyIssue.thumb.gif.2cc40bb180418bc76ea9ef2625d070f9.gif

Edited by Deldepth

Hi,

Are you able to use ethernet to see if the problem is caused by WiFi?
https://symless.com/help/articles/howto-setup-ethernet

If you're using macOS, this article may also be of interest to you:
https://symless.com/help/s1-troubleshooting/s1-mouse-cursor-lag

If using ethernet is not an option, please can you provide some more information so that we can investigate this further for you? You don't have to answer all of the questions, but please answer as many as you can. If you need help finding out any of this info, please ask me.

1. Does it consistently happen all the time or only when you are using specific applications?
2. Is this happening on only one machine or are you experiencing lag across all of your machines?
3. What patch versions of each of your operating systems are you using?
4. What resolutions are you monitors/screens?
5. Is there only a mouse lag or do you have delays with typing as well?
6. If you find it’s a mouse lag, what type of mouse are you using (bluetooth, wired, wireless. etc.)?
7. Is it a high performance gaming mouse or a mouse with high DPI?

We appreciate the info! It will help us to improve Synergy.

On 3/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, Alexey Pilyaev said:

Hi,

Are you able to use ethernet to see if the problem is caused by WiFi?
https://symless.com/help/articles/howto-setup-ethernet

If you're using macOS, this article may also be of interest to you:
https://symless.com/help/s1-troubleshooting/s1-mouse-cursor-lag

If using ethernet is not an option, please can you provide some more information so that we can investigate this further for you? You don't have to answer all of the questions, but please answer as many as you can. If you need help finding out any of this info, please ask me.

1. Does it consistently happen all the time or only when you are using specific applications?
2. Is this happening on only one machine or are you experiencing lag across all of your machines?
3. What patch versions of each of your operating systems are you using?
4. What resolutions are you monitors/screens?
5. Is there only a mouse lag or do you have delays with typing as well?
6. If you find it’s a mouse lag, what type of mouse are you using (bluetooth, wired, wireless. etc.)?
7. Is it a high performance gaming mouse or a mouse with high DPI?

We appreciate the info! It will help us to improve Synergy.

Alexey,

In response to your questions:
Both computers are hooked up to the LAN
I am using Windows rather than MacOS

1. This has been consistently happening for the past month or so, but to varying degrees. Sometimes it will be as bad as in that clip, other times it will be slightly better, but there is always a lag that didn't use to be there.

2. I only have one computer hooked up to share the mouse.

3. Version 1.10.1-stable-8941241e (Build Date: August 28, 2018)

4. Resolution: 1920 x 1080

5. Slight delays while typing as well, but far less noticeable then with the mouse.

6. Wireless mouse (Logitech G900)

7. This mouse has controllable DPI 125 - 1,000. I had read on other posts that this could cause issues, so I played around with the settings. However, I did not notice any real difference in performance when changing these settings.

This can be disregarded. I decided to check all of my connections and noticed that the ethernet cable was loose. Once plugged back in, it works fine. My computer must have been connected to WiFi all of these weeks.