Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Fedora not working (Synergy 2)

Synergy of Fedora/RedHat simply doesn't work.

As a server it'll connect to other devices just fine, but the cursor cannot move between computers

As a client it sort of works...ish you can move the mouse to the computer but it won't display the cursor or share keyboard input. left and right click do function as normal, but kind of useless when you can't see where it is

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2019 at 4:28 PM, DanHolli said:

Synergy of Fedora/RedHat simply doesn't work.

As a server it'll connect to other devices just fine, but the cursor cannot move between computers

As a client it sort of works...ish you can move the mouse to the computer but it won't display the cursor or share keyboard input. left and right click do function as normal, but kind of useless when you can't see where it is

I'm having the same issue, guess is that it's not Wayland ready.

• 1 month later...
needed_a_name
On 3/26/2019 at 5:22 AM, ChrisM said:

I'm having the same issue, guess is that it's not Wayland ready.

Can confirm; logged into GNOME on Xorg and now my cursor and keyboard are working as expected. Mildly disappointing--I'll have to hold off trying to get Sway working--but not really surprising.

• 2 weeks later...
Lee Myers

I found that the firewall was holding me back on Synergy. The default FirewallD service for Synergy only listens to port 24800 whereas Synergy2 also needs 24801 and 24802. These commands should update the firewall and allow Synergy:

sudo sed -i 's/port="24800"/port="24800-24802"/g' /usr/lib/firewalld/services/synergy.xml
sudo firewall-cmd --zone=$(firewall-cmd --get-default-zone) --add-service=synergy --permanent
sudo systemctl restart firewalld