Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 1.10.1 Client on macOS 10.14 won't remember Server address

John Straffin

I've got Synergy 1.10.1 running in Client mode on a new Mac mini running macOS 10.14 and the software can't seem to remember the Server address of my primary computer. Any time I have to restart it (like just now after patching to 10.14.3, for instance), the software asks for the Server address, forgetting the address from the last session.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to stop it?

- John

Kelvin Tran
19 hours ago, John Straffin said:

I've got Synergy 1.10.1 running in Client mode on a new Mac mini running macOS 10.14 and the software can't seem to remember the Server address of my primary computer. Any time I have to restart it (like just now after patching to 10.14.3, for instance), the software asks for the Server address, forgetting the address from the last session.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to stop it?

- John

Do you have the IP set statically? Is there a reason that it's not configured for Synergy to detect the server/clients dynamically on the network? This reason may be due to a particular network topology (layout), particular application (i.e. VPN), etc.

If it's possible, however, allowing Synergy to perform detection of the IPs of the systems involved in the connection is the best as it accounts for that issue plus many others, like sudden IP address changes, etc.

Thanks!

John Straffin
On 1/26/2019 at 3:42 AM, Kelvin Tran said:

Do you have the IP set statically?

Yes, this is set statically. The two computers are on different subnets and are therefore not visible to one another for detection.