Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

First bugs feedback on Synology 2

Hi,

I'm not sure where I should report issues while testing/running Synergy2 - so I'm putting them here.
I'm running a rather atypical setup, I think. I'm running a MacOS (latest version) and a Ubuntu (18.10) - both are laptops

My (external) keyboard and mouse are connected to my Mac and there's also a mouse connected to my Linux box. My keyboard is a French layout.

Here are some issues I have bumped into:

• When typing in my Linux box, not all keys are working (e.g. the @ won't work - it's on AltGr-0 on the keyboard).
  • Sometimes the mouse becomes invisible (but it does seem to move, because the webpages respond to the "hover" request).
  • When the two mice are on, it's sometimes confusing (basically I turn the Linux one off)

All in all... a pretty impressive job! Keep up the good work.

Okay, so I've found another one...

On my MacOS keyboard, the Fxx keys are by default set to work as control task keys (volume, contrast, etc...) while in Linux, they function as regular Fxx keys. When pressing the F11 and F12 keys, it changes the volume on the Linux machine (so it doesn't actually toggle back to Fxx keys).

When pressing F5/F6 it changes contrast on the Mac machine, even if I'm working on my Linux machine.

• 2 weeks later...
Kelvin Tran

Moved to the appropriate forum. Bug reports should go into General Discussion.

Feature Ideas is reserved for new ideas and features only.

I will give a response regarding your issue when I get the time to.

Thanks for moving it to the right place. I'm guessing the keyboard handling on MacOS is pretty awkward.

Note that I'm not complaining but just offering feedback and I'll be glad to try things out and give feedback if this is appreciated.

Kelvin Tran
18 hours ago, JurgenG said:

Thanks for moving it to the right place. I'm guessing the keyboard handling on MacOS is pretty awkward.

Note that I'm not complaining but just offering feedback and I'll be glad to try things out and give feedback if this is appreciated.

Sure! We greatly appreciate people like you who come onto our public forums and give feedback that both Symless and the public can benefit from.

Alternate language handling is documented as being relatively poor. This is something that Symless is aware about. It is particularly bad with AltGR key handling, as far as I've seen from reports on the forum.

When you say that the mouse becomes invisible, I have two questions. I'll ask one, wait for your reply, and ask the other. What is the client/server model for your setup? Is Linux the server and Mac the client or vice versa?

With your issue concerning the two mice, there's not really a way to solve that that I can think of. The reason that Symless doesn't outright disable the mouse on clients is because there are certain applications where that functionality would break significant parts. As such, your solution is the best I can think of. Sorry! :(