Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy does not seem to handle UltraHD screens

David Krinke
I am running 2 phillips UltraHD screens at a 3840*2160 resolution on a desktop and trying to share a mouse and keyboard from that machine to a laptop. What I am finding is that synergy is trying to swap to the laptop halfway across the screen and losing the mouse, however if I drop the resolution on the screens back to 2560*1440 Synergy seems to work fine. Is there a way around this issue without dropping the resolution of the screen.
TheMartyJoy
Odd question did you happen to setup synergy when you where running the smaller resolution? It would also help to know the details of your layout. Is the Laptop above, below, to the left, to the right of the main pc? I don't have a fancy ultraHD display but I am running a 1920*1080 in landscape mode with a 1920*1200 in portrait mode to the right of it. (so for windows purposes the desktop is 3120*1920 this is the resolution of a print screen on my windows machine). I am able to use synergy properly does not give me any grief at all.
speaker
Would you be willing to run a log with DEBUG2 turned on of the event happening? Just Turn on DEBUG2 in the settings, reproduce the behavior, then turn off the logging. [quote="David Krinke"]I am running 2 phillips UltraHD screens at a 3840*2160 resolution on a desktop and trying to share a mouse and keyboard from that machine to a laptop. What I am finding is that synergy is trying to swap to the laptop halfway across the screen and losing the mouse, however if I drop the resolution on the screens back to 2560*1440 Synergy seems to work fine. Is there a way around this issue without dropping the resolution of the screen.[/quote]
  • 2 weeks later...
Bill Weber
Having the same issue. Here is my setup. Two Intel NUC 5i7 desktops newly created with Windows 8.1 Pro - Intel Core i7-5557U - 16Gb RAM - 512Gb PCI-E M.2 SSD - 1Gb Ethernet on Private LAN - Synergy Pro 1.7.2 - Intel Iris Graphics 6100 Video - HP Z27s IPS UHD Monitor at 3840 x 2160 @ 59p Hz - Das Keyboard USB - Logitech Trackball USB Workstation at Left is Server Workstation at Right is Client So here are some behaviors I can 100% reproduce. Actually, I can't not reproduce. - If the mouse wanders to the right screen, and sometimes even if I don't move the mouse, the mouse disappears and some functions of the mouse and the keyboard move to the right client. - Once the focus moves to the right client, I can't see the mouse and moving the mouse to the left does not change the focus. - When this happens, the keyboard is focused on the right client. - I can only restore service by pressing CTRL-ALT-DELETE which changes the focus to the left server. - The time between the undesired move from the left server to the right client isn't predictable, seems to happen randomly between 1 second and 1 minute. - Stopping the Synergy client restores normal functionality to the server and client. Under normal circumstances, there are dedicated monitors per server/client with a shared KVM which moves a USB keyboard and mouse between devices.