Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

ipc error, weir behaviour on AD user account

Few days ago I installed windows server 2012 r2 and created AD. Then I created a domain user and logged to my domain from another computer (win 10), where i have synergy server installed. To the right and to the left I have a mac as synergy client. Everything worked like a char. Earlier today I opened synergy.exe and stopped it so I was able to play some game without interruptions. After i had enough of the game I pressed start on synergy gui and was never able to get things back to work. I've tried reinstalling the synergy with new version 1.10.x (32bit, 64bit) it doesnt matter, ipc error all the time.

Then I uninstalled the synergy completely, logged out from my domain user and logged back to my windows 10 with local account. Installed it and with this account everything works flawless. Then I logged out and logged back in to my domain account and now even there everything works fine? Why is this happening?

Can somebody tell me how to properly install synergy for AD domain users?

Daniel Alarcon

Hello @maccina can you confirm what is the logon account that Synergy service uses to run? Is the local admin or your AD account (that has permissions to run it)?