Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy stops working between Ubuntu and OSX

Raul Arturo Medina Nussbau

Raul Arturo Medina Nussbau
Hello, I'm having trouble with connection between OSX (the server) and Ubuntu (the client). The connection crashes a lot, and I need to go again to the keyboard on the Ubuntu and restart synergy in order to connect again. What can I do? :?:
Stephen Davidson
Not just Ubuntu and OSX. I'm having the same issue between Linux Mint 17.2 (Server) & Linux Mint 17.1 (Client). And this is NOT in SSL mode. I've been told that there are some fixes for this in 1.7.4 and that should be out in the next week or so. I'm hoping, because having to stop and start both client and server 4-6x/hr is really annoying.
Tyler Nielsen
I also am having an issue like this. Ubuntu LTS for all endpoints, and after a few days, things slow down and latency goes way up, then it just stops working until I restart. I am using SSL tho.
  • 3 weeks later...
William Brinkmann
I am also having this problem. Server = OSX 10.10.5 Client = Ubuntu 14.04 LTS I see after a few hours the client disconnects from the server. I can get the client running again by ssh into the Ubuntu client, kill the synergyc process and restarting it again. Additionally, I have lost the ability to cut and paste between the client and server. I just reinstalled 1.6.3 to see if my problems go away.
  • 4 weeks later...
Fernando Ramos
Just to add my voice to this thread. Same lost of connection. Starts working but it becomes more and more jerky until connectivity stops, maybe 20 minutes after first connected. Need to restart Synergy on both boxes to fix. [b]Synergy 1.7.4 [/b] using SSL on all boxes. [b]Server[/b]: Ubuntu 14.04 [b]Client[/b]: OS X 10.10.5 Same server was working fine with Windows 7 client. [b]Edit[/b]: [quote]Removing SSL connectivity using the UI on both ends seems to have solved the problem.[/quote]
  • 1 year later...