Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

macOS Mojave's new "show recent apps in Dock" overrun with Synergy icons on open

Every time I launch a new session of Synergy, it floods my "recent applications" section of my Dock with icons. Any thoughts?

Running macOS 10.14 "Mojave" with Synergy 1.10.1

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 4.17.19 PM.png

I saw the same thing with Mojave and Synergy 1.10.1 .  Synergy server keeps stopping and restarting over and over again, making it useless.  There are a lot of Synergy .crash files in ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Logs⁩ ▸ ⁨DiagnosticReports

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.06.09 AM.png

Valor Poland

There appears to be an issue when "Enable Auto Config" is disabled. 

To get it working:

1. I followed the steps to reinstall from fresh
  2. Opened the app
  3. Enabled Auto Config (in Preferences)
  4. Allowed my client (Windows 10) to connect (had to accept fingerprint on other machine)
  5. Configured server with my Windows machine name

Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 3.19.57 PM.png

After I got Synergy working again, thanks to Valor Poland's instructions, I just turned off "Show recent applications in Dock" in the Dock Preferences and that did it.  "Show recent applications in Dock" is an annoying feature, in my opinion, so I won't miss it.

On 9/30/2018 at 5:03 PM, geraldkelly said:

After I got Synergy working again, thanks to Valor Poland's instructions, I just turned off "Show recent applications in Dock" in the Dock Preferences and that did it.  "Show recent applications in Dock" is an annoying feature, in my opinion, so I won't miss it.

Bummer. I personally like that feature.

• 4 weeks later...