Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Issue with mouse stuck on right side of client.

Mathew Kyser
Is anyone else having an issue with the mouse getting stuck on the right side of the client's screen? I have two laptops next to each other. PC1 on the left and PC2 on the right and PC1 is the host and PC2 is the client. Recently upon connection the mouse zooms to the right side of my client and can't be moved. I can still scroll and it bring up the Win8 charms but I can't get it to move. When I disconnect the service I can move the mouse around PC1 with no issues but as soon as I cross the threshold to the other monitor the problem comes back. I have swapped the host and client machines and the same issue arises but the mouse gets stuck on the right side of PC1. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • 2 weeks later...
Michael Kinens
Experiencing a very similar issue. However I lose visibility of the mouse pointer once it crosses. Cntl-Alt-Del allows me to regain the mouse on the Server laptop.
Mathew Kyser
It looks like several people are having the same issue and help is not forthcoming. I did find a solution though, download Input Director. It's pretty much the same thing as Synergy but it's free. Running on Windows 8.1 and 10 currently without issue.
Nicholas McClure Talbot
Setup: Win 10 Master, Win 7 Slave I am going to have to agree with Mathew Kyser on this one. I came here this morning after spending all night with Synergy 1.7.3, purchased for $10. Couldn't get the mouse to work on slave. Installed input director, setup was obviously very similar to Synergy, but everything worked as advertised with ID. Maybe it's my master being win10 thats my issue, regardless, ID works very well.
Andrew Anderson
you need to make sure windows 8.1 or windows 10 didnt scale your video to 125% both scaling on server and client need to be the same