Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Remove DEBUG from startup ?

Jeff Mueller

I'm running Synergy2 on my Mac (normally server), RHEL 7.5 (always client), and Fedora 28 (normally client).  As the tasks start up on RHEL & Fedora, the "synergy-core --client" task starts with "--debug DEBUG".  Is there a way to change that to WARN or INFO?

Something is happening on both linux clients where the log (/var/log/messages & systemctl status) are being flooded with a series of "connection nnnn created", "connection disconnected", "read error on connection nnnn", "routing table contents", "connection nnnn terminated" and "connection nnnn destroyed" messages... several hundred Megabytes every day.

I'm not having any serious issues with this level (2.0.12 beta on all), so I'd just like to change the startup so these messages aren't filling up my disk. 

Of course, if there's a solution to fix whatever is causing these messages... that would be great, too.

Jeff Mueller

I figured out what these messages are for... Synergy is trying to connect to IP addresses via the virtual bridges (virbr0/virbr1) associated with the KVM setup on the linux systems. I eliminated the messages on the Fedora system by removing the bridges from Virtual Machine Manager.  I'm not currently using KVMs on this system, so it's no impact.  I do, however, use KVMs on the RHEL system... and can't disable the bridges there... and the messages persist.