Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Tray Icon missing in 1.10.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS

dermidgen

After upgrading to synergy 1.10.0 from synergy 1.8.8 the tray icon in the Notifications Area is missing on Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS. Downgrading back to synergy 1.8.8 restores the tray icon.

Without a tray icon, there's no way to recover the Synergy configuration window. Having the "Hide on Startup" option selected makes this really challenging to work with.

Should I submit an issue on the `synergy-core` GitHub repo? 

GranPaSmurf

I don't have one either. Kubuntu 18.04 with Synergy 2.0.12.

the tray panel has an option to show hidden try icons and the Synergy tray icon is listed but I cannot select it to make it visible. I never got in the habit of using it so didn't notice it was not there until this post.

AND when Windows 10 auto-starts Synergy on Windows start-up, there is no try icon. Only if you select and start Synergy. 

Hmm.

Edited by GranPaSmurf
  • 2 weeks later...
littleGuyBri

I am also seeing this in Ubuntu 16.04 with Mate Desktop 1.16.2 - after upgrading to Synergy 1.10 my tray icon disappears with no way to get it back...

• 2 months later...
Andrew Tridgell

I updated to 1.10.1 on Ubuntu 16.04 running Xfce desktop, and lost tray icon. Got it partially working with quicksynergy, but I'd prefer the original tray icon back