Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

L-Shaped monitor setup

Hi All,

Using Synergy 1.x between Mac and Windows, 4 screens on the Mac, one on the Windows. The Mac screens are in an L shape, with the Windows screen forming the last part to make it a U (See attached - hard to describe! Blue is mac) When I set the windows machine as above the Mac, it only jumps over when I go off the top of the Top right Mac monitor, which is a little counter intuitive. The other option is to set it off to the left in config, which is also a bit counter intuitive.

Is there any way around this in config? Any pointers much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 15.38.03.png

GranPaSmurf

I'm not sure I get what you are wanting to do, but I have another idea. BTW, I like the graphic you've created. It looks like your Win screen is not down against the MAC. I'd make them touch.

You can move the Win screen to the right and the upper right MAC screen to the left until they touch. It would look like a broad pyramid. Then you (should be) able to access the Win screen from any of the MAC screens and any of the MAC screens from the Win screen.

Davewill

Sorry, but there's no way to do this because Synergy is unaware of the multiple monitors. This is a long-standing feature request, and is expected in Synergy 2 some time in the future.

In your shoes, I'd probably put the Windows machine on the left as the least strange approach. Another way would be to arrange the Mac monitor on the upper right as if it were on the far right, then place the Windows machine above the Mac in Synergy. This would have the effect of being able to get to the Windows machine by going up. If you make the left-most Mac monitor slightly higher than the rest, then I think you would only be able to enter or leave the Windows machine from the left-hand Mac monitor.

Cheers for the reply - sort of glad to hear its not me being stupid and a limitation instead! Will continue on with the off-to-the-left solution for now and hold out for an update!