Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

having problems understanding/getting it working

S.S.Dragon

feel free to walk me though on how to set it up. i cant find anywhere for a proper tutorial. i thought i could do it myself, but clearly not

server: pc. running windows 7

client: laptop. running windows 8.1

synergy 1 with 1.9.1 i believe. not going to paste error codes, cause im not sure what im suppose to do in the first place. there is no "use ____ button to switch screens" as simple as it should be. thats all i need

Kelvin Tran

It's simpler than that. You're on Synergy 1.

Go to Configure Server on your server machine. You'll see a diagram of the systems. Match that diagram to the physical layout of your computers. Then, just like you would as if you had multiple monitors, move your mouse over in the direction of where the client is and it'll switch the mouse over automatically.

I will, however, need you to go ahead and give me log files if this doesn't work. Pictures help too. Use a service such as pastebin (google it) and paste your logs in. Additionally, go ahead and send pictures of your Synergy client/server interface as well. Thanks!

Kelvin Tran
15 minutes ago, S.S.Dragon said:

Okay. Your client is connected. There shouldn't be anything wrong.

Go to the "Configure Server" button and you'll see a diagram that looks similar/the same as what I've posted as an attachment. You'll see your computers on a grid. Rearrange the computers in order so that they match the layout your computers are in in real life. For example, in real life, if Computer A is to the left of Computer B, then that's how you would configure it on Synergy.

Then, when you finish doing that, just go ahead and move your mouse in the direction of the other computer.

If it's continuing to not work, do you mind recording a video and uploading it as an unlisted video on YouTube or another method to show us? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-06-18 at 1.11.25 PM.jpg

S.S.Dragon

was about to just give up and refund it. i did some testing, it started to work. but i couldnt get the cursor back to the server pc. went into the advance server settings and "switch after waiting" was 250 ms and "check clients every" 5000 ms. i lowered it as much as possible and now its working. though i dont know why the default settings was set like that

Kelvin Tran
11 hours ago, S.S.Dragon said:

was about to just give up and refund it. i did some testing, it started to work. but i couldnt get the cursor back to the server pc. went into the advance server settings and "switch after waiting" was 250 ms and "check clients every" 5000 ms. i lowered it as much as possible and now its working. though i dont know why the default settings was set like that

Nice!

Davewill
On 6/19/2018 at 7:36 AM, S.S.Dragon said:

Weird, on my systems those choices are both unchecked by default.