Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Status Notification Icon

JDDoesIT

I just spent hours... LITERAL HOURS... Trying to figure out why my other two systems worked, but one did not. I could see all three live and connected. Communication was fine network-wise. Systems 2 and 3 could have the input devices take over and all 3 would refresh and show the dot in the correct place and have the ability to traverse screens as normal. Screen 1 would just not do it.

Then I upgraded from .09stable to .12beta (against my policy) but that did not fix the issue.

So I open the log window on system 1 and I see some communication errors. I check the firewall settings. All good there. I check ARP. All good there. I check the switch. All good there. I check the alignment of my chakras... All good there.

Then I see it...

I see what has been the source of the issue all along.

It was sooooooo simple...

I could have said what it was in the first paragraph or even sentence, but then you would not appreciate the long route that I had to take.

If only there was an icon on the dash that would allow me to see when scroll lock is turned on, then you would not have had to read all of that to find out that I must have accidentally activated it when hitting print screen a few hours ago while working on a client's server.

• Confused 1
GranPaSmurf

:D Sorry to laugh...it's just that so many of us have "been there - done that."

You are right, It would have saved a lot of person-hours!

• Haha 1
JDDoesIT

No. By all means... Laugh. I have to in order to not cry.

While I was not sitting at the computer the whole time I was watching TV wondering, playing with my sons wondering, talking to the wife wondering (and getting in trouble for spacing out).

This feature could save marriages.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
49 minutes ago, JDDoesIT said:

scroll lock

Oh god. I hate scroll lock on by default, so much. It's caught me out so many times. Don't worry, having this off by default (and adding a setting) is at the top of the list.

Kelvin Tran
On 6/4/2018 at 6:04 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Oh god. I hate scroll lock on by default, so much. It's caught me out so many times. Don't worry, having this off by default (and adding a setting) is at the top of the list.

:D LOLLLLL.

I use a Mac, scroll lock ain't an issue for me. How lucky, am I right?