Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Lost connection on MAC 2.0.11 after wake up every time

I'm using 2.0.9 to connect my Macbook and Mini for a while and it works just fine else after I had upgrade to 2.0.11 last week. I was forced to restart my laptop or mini to restore Synergy connection every time when I want to start work and wake up my computers.

Maybe you will fix it in the future, but for now, I want to back to 2.0.9-stable but I can't find out the link to download it, pls help on it, thank you very much!

Kelvin Tran

I wish you had asked us about this issue before you had reverted back to 2.0.9, our goal is to help our users, not force them to settle for outdated software. If you'd like, go back to 2.0.11 and I/another Synergy mod/staff member will be happy to assist you. If you are willing to do this, trigger the issue again and send us logs from both systems for us to examine if there is a potential bug in 2.0.11 that the Synergy development team has to address.

Did you contact Synergy support yet? If so, what did they tell you?

ayydrewski
13 hours ago, Leo He said:

I'm using 2.0.9 to connect my Macbook and Mini for a while and it works just fine else after I had upgrade to 2.0.11 last week. I was forced to restart my laptop or mini to restore Synergy connection every time when I want to start work and wake up my computers.

Maybe you will fix it in the future, but for now, I want to back to 2.0.9-stable but I can't find out the link to download it, pls help on it, thank you very much!

This happens to my computer too. I got a brand new mac because 2.0 was incompatible with the old one. Now it works on my new mac but has that problem every time with disconnecting on wake. 

Richard John Allen

Same problem.  Have upgraded to 2.0.12 (Beta)  

Is beta more stable than "stable" in symless-speak?

@ayydrewski,I had removed ver 2.0.11 and got back 2.0.9 from the application folder for some days ago in timemachine last night. It back to work now, wish can help you so.

@Richard John Allen, how about the beta version? It has fixed the issue or not? Anyway, since the 2.0.9 is working fine for me, so I should not try to be the white rat......

Richard John Allen

Yes it does seem to be more stable so far - (after sleeping and waking a few times).  Haven’t had it on a different network yet and then reconnected....

VintageMac

From this morning none of my machines want to connect.

I keep getting "There was a problem connecting to the background services". Version 2.0.11-stable.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, VintageMac said:

I keep getting "There was a problem connecting to the background services". Version 2.0.11-stable.

Any ideas?

yes, I met it too, let's forgot 2.0.11.

7 hours ago, VintageMac said:

Any ideas?

This started happening since 2.0.10 for me. If you have the installer for 2.0.9 or before you can run the installer and downgrade. That fixes the issue. I'm currently using 2.0.8 on my mac and the latest on my PC and they seem to work fine.

18 hours ago, Richard John Allen said:

Yes it does seem to be more stable so far - (after sleeping and waking a few times).  Haven’t had it on a different network yet and then reconnected....

From the feedback of Jeffrey Leonard, issue is not fixed in 2.0.12-beta yet, he just stay on 2.0.8.

Keep fighting Symless... yes, fighting... maybe we just fighting usxD

18 hours ago, Richard John Allen said:

From the feedback of Shammi, issue is not fixed in 2.0.12-beta yet, he just stay on 2.0.8.

Keep fighting Symless... yes, fighting... maybe we just fighting usxD

(sorry for mistyping last post, and I can not update or delete my owner reply after a while......)

Edited by Leo He