Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy_v2.0.11-stable and macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)

Hello,

I had Synergy v1 on my Mac. Upgrading to v2 (pro) but not a good experience so far as the thing simply doesn't seem to work.  I mount the .dmg, double-click the Synergy.app. Get a notification about running something within a downloaded-mounted device (fine, click Accept), then get a prompt for password to sudo install.  And then... nothing.  Nothing in system preferences pane, no menu bar, no processes that I can see....

And 48 hours later no answer on my support request.  So I surmise that community forums are how this is supported?  

Anybody have thoughts/inisghts?

Thanks!

:-Phil

GranPaSmurf

You've done the right thing by submitting a support ticket. That gets your issue in front of a developer ASAP. 

Here, we mostly share tips and tricks. 

What OSs are on the other boxes in your network that also have Synergy 2.0 installed?

Windows.  But this is the Mac of course...it is my main computer so somewhat key for the Synergy server to work on it!

GranPaSmurf

Install Synergy on both machines. Synergy will search your network for other computers that have Synergy installed. Synergy will then read the network details and automatically configure them both with a secure connection.

The Synergy UI will then display a simulation of each so you can mouse-grab them and arrange them to your liking.

Well, except that when I install Synergy on the Mac there is no evidence of any running processes on the Mac... hence my support ticket :)

GranPaSmurf

Sorry, I'm MAC-challenged. I can't address that question.

Except to say, install Synergy on your other machine and see how they both look.

Same issue with me. Using identical Mac minis. Was running fine until the previous Synergy v2 update then nothing. Both screens are showing the host screen in sold green, the client in gray with a scrolling horizontal green line. I've lost count how many times I've done a clean reinstall on both Macs. Even tried going back to v1. Nada. Two tickets to customer support in two weeks and I'm still waiting for an answer. 

Haze1053

Just tried installing Synergy 2 Pro on High Sierra. It keeps crashing, won't install. I keep getting the "reopen" popup on High Sierra. I opened a ticket a few minutes ago.