Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Sticky Meta Keys and "L"

stewart anderson
HI all, I have had to stop using synergy for now as its at teh root of causing me untold account lockouts and wierd met key problems. Met keys as in CRTL-ALT issues. As in the keyboard gets stuck in a CTRL-ALT type shifted state and only a long mashing of the keys with SHIFT seems to un-stick it. The other, even weirder problem is that my L key gets broken, I think it happens if I have used WIN-L to lock the machine, then when I try to re-log, the L key no longer works. This seems to happen on both client and server. It was causing account lockouts, because I knew I was typing the password correctly but not noticing that the password was missing letters!! I see a conversation about problems like/similar to this on git hub has been closed. Have any of you had similar problems and if so what is your resolution? I hope there is a solution as working on 2 machines with 2 keyboards seems so last decade!! Cheers in advance. Stewart
stewart anderson
Bit more info. It seems that its not limited to Synergy, I tried a different package and experienced exactly the same problem with the "sticky L" key. hitting the WIN key again once the Synergy process has re-connected after locking the machine, seems to free it back up again. arrgh, been a while properly understanding what's going on here! nvm think I am there now. Since I found this in a different package I'm guessing its deeply routed in windows or in the way that programs are able to interact locally with the keyboard buffer from a remotely connected pc. The other software was very similar its called ShareMouse, I only used the freeware package, I doubt the standard or pro versions will be free of the problem and they are quite a bit more than Synergy. I only mention that the problems I had are evident, in other software, in case it helps.