Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Nothing is working at all

WarWuChiWuGen

Hi all, I installed it on both pces, also removed it and reinstalled it. Windows 10 64. rt clicked on the share from desktop 1 to desktop 2. but nothing is working at all. I emailed and asked if this would work to link 2 pces to play Diablo 3 and the support guy it would work fine. Any suggestions ?

Ron Hixson

I have not been able to get Synergy to work for the last 3 releases, including the current 2.0.10.

This is my configuration: Host PC - Win7 Pro w/ USB Mouse & Keyboard. Client - Mac Mini, macOS 10.13.5 Beta & Apple Bluetooth Keyboard & Trackpad. (The Apple keyboard and trackpad suck, thus the need for Synergy).

This is the procedure that I went thru and was able to get Synergy to work.

- This might be a Duh, but make sure all of your systems are are the same network via your router. Mine are on a hardwired ethernet and not WiFi.

- Uninstall all programs and delete all support files on your host and clients. Doing a program uninstall may not be enough. On the Win7 host, I had to delete all Synergy folders in the Programs Files, in the Users folders and all references in the Registry. (I tried a third party uninstaller, but it could not find Synergy) I did a similar uninstall on the MAC, but files were in different locations.

- Shutdown or Restart your host and clients.

- Install the current version of Synergy on the host system and let it do it's configuration.

- Install on your clients.

- Open Synergy on your host. Give it some time to install and inspect you network.

- Open Synergy on your clients and give it some time.

- You may need to press Shift-F5 on the host and clients several times to restart the Synergy services.

- On your host, you should see a window in Synergy with the host and client icons. Move the clients to locations that relate to your screen locations. The host icon should have a white dot on the bottom. The clients will not have the dot.

I have a Win10 laptop, but have not set it up as a client with Synergy. Hopefully this will work.

There are some other key command in addition to the Shift-F5 noted above. The Tilde key (unshifted) will open a log dialog. 

• Thanks 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Sorry that you're having problems. Have you contacted our support team yet? https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

If you'd rather get help here on the forums, please could you share your log links for all of your computers? We can only help you troubleshoot if you share your log links. Please make sure you share only the log links (not the log contents).

https://symless.com/forums/topic/3207-synergy-2-how-to-send-your-logs/

GranPaSmurf

Ron,

That was a new one to me. 'Shift-F5' to restart services. I've been experimenting with it. On my system, it works great while I'm on my server, Kubuntu 17.10. 

I tried mousing over to a client, re-setting it to be the server ('right-click' and 'select') then pressing 'shift-F5' and I think it works, but I think there is a little lag time. 

I'm interested to know from other forum users if this tip works across the board.

Ron Hixson

I have not been able to get Synergy to work for the last 3 releases, including the current 2.0.10.

This is my configuration: Host PC - Win7 Pro w/ USB Mouse & Keyboard. Client - Mac Mini, macOS 10.13.5 Beta & Apple Bluetooth Keyboard & Trackpad. (The Apple keyboard and trackpad suck, thus the need for Synergy).

This is the procedure that I went thru and was able to get Synergy to work.

- This might be a Duh, but make sure all of your systems are are the same network via your router. Mine are on a hardwired ethernet and not WiFi.

- Uninstall all programs and delete all support files on your host and clients. Doing a program uninstall may not be enough. On the Win7 host, I had to delete all Synergy folders in the Programs Files, in the Users folders and all references in the Registry. (I tried a third party uninstaller, but it could not find Synergy) I did a similar uninstall on the MAC, but files were in different locations.

- Install the current version of Synergy on the host system and let it do it's configuration.

- Install on your clients.

- Open Synergy on your host. Give it some time to install and inspect you network.

- Open Synergy on your clients and give it some time.

- You may need to press Shift-F5 on the host and clients several times to restart the Synergy services.

- On your host, you should see a window in Synergy with the host and client icons. Move the clients to locations that relate to your screen locations. The host icon should have a white dot on the bottom. The clients will not have the dot.

I have a Win10 laptop, but have not set it up as a client with Synergy. Hopefully this will work.

There are some other key command in addition to the Shift-F5 noted above. The Tilde key (unshifted) will open a log dialog. 

Note: When I say "delete programs", I mean Synergy applications. 

GranPaSmurf

Ron,

I'm not understanding your last post. It looks like the same post from 4 hours ago.

You are saying you have Synergy working on your systems, right?

You posted a very good tutorial. I've copied the link to share on this forum.