Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy Loses Pointer in Windows 10

Texaszman
Using 1.73 and can configure server and clients successfully. However as soon as I move from Machine 1 to Machine 2 (machine 2 shows INFO: Entering Screen) I lose the pointer completely somewhere on Machine 2. Current config - Machine 1 (2550x1440) and Machine 2 (2 27" monitors sharing 1 desktop) Thanks for any suggestions.
  • 2 weeks later...
Steven Wong
I faced the same issue with Windows 8 (on my server with resolution 2880x1800) moving mouse into my Windows 7 (client with resolution 1650x1050). My server was setup with 200% larger text. I fixed the issue by reversing the client and the server. i.e. My WIndows 7 running with 1650x1050 resolution becomes the server and my Windows 8 with hi-res and 200% text size becomes the client. Gotta check a bit more as to why this is happening... but you may want to try this solution out and see if it fixes your problem.
  • 2 weeks later...
Dennis Hong
I was running into the same problem after installing Windows 10 on my server, and I can confirm that setting the display size to 100% fixes the issue, and I'm able to navigate from one screen to the other seamlessly now. The only issue is that it's now made my server display a lot more uncomfortable to read, and manually zooming every program doesn't always help, either. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can keep my display at 125%, which is what I'm comfortable with? Thanks!
Mark Vancil
I can confirm the same issue with using Windows 10 as the server. The only fix that has worked for me so far is to switch the server to the Windows 7 machine. Which is not a long-term viable solution for my setup.
Mitch Nicholls
Can confirm re-setting the font/display size makes things work again, but stuff hard to read that small! Seem to be able to have the display size set to 150% on client without an issue which isn't so bad. But the server requires a bit of squinting to properly read some things.
Kristian Heider
After I connected my 4k display with Win7 I got this issue only sometimes. In my opinion it concerned to ram or cpu heavy duty. If I close some processes, it worked more effective. Entering my Laptop was only possible on the lower half of the 4k. Now with Win10 I got it always not working. I just tried synergy-master-alpha-0290206-Windows-x64.msi - not working (It's entering Laptop (Win8) rightern side, the configuration tap opens, master lost pointer, but no movements on Laptop and the pointer can not come back)
Michael LaForge
Same here. Text set to 100% works but I'm not sure how long I can work on with these settings. I will need aspirin by the barrel for the headaches!
Texaszman
Display resolution settings for text - if it's not set at 100% (ie I use larger text for my widescreen monitor) Synergy locks up on both machines. When I stop Synergy on my laptop I regain control over my main machine, can change display properties back and then both machines are available again. However now with Windows 10 - cannot get my laptop to work - as soon as I start the second machine and enter it's screen Synergy locks up.
Kristian Heider
After paying some money I am disapointed by the support of synergy. Unfortunatly nothing happens. After I really get pissed by switching 4k to 100% I searched for alternate: ShareMouse does what synergy done before.
  • 3 years later...
On 8/11/2015 at 10:50 AM, Kristian Heider said:

After paying some money I am disapointed by the support of synergy. Unfortunatly nothing happens. After I really get pissed by switching 4k to 100% I searched for alternate: ShareMouse does what synergy done before.

Thank you Kristian!  I have been dealing with this for over a year now and I just switched to ShareMouse which is free for personal use.  I paid as well for Synergy and I am so happy to be free of that issue.  ShareMouse also configured itself on its own and worked automatically out of the box!  Win win thanks again!