Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Add a computer back into the environment

euph.briggs

Hello,

I have four machines that I connect with Synergy. When I was having trouble with my house being pushed up into the top-right corner (fixed in 2.0.9 release, THANK YOU!), I had tried a few things to try to fix the problem myself. I believe I had removed a computer from my environment, which I would now like to add back in, but when I tried to uninstall/reinstall the Synergy client on this machine, I'm not able to find the "Sign In with Symless" link mentioned in the Getting Started guide.

Is there a way I can get this machine back into my Synergy configuration?

Thanks,

Ben

GranPaSmurf

I've had this happen. Someone else may chime in with something easier, but in my case I had to do a CLEAN reinstall.

euph.briggs

Hey GranPaSmurf,

I had intended to try your link out, but some things have come up that are higher priority. I'll give it a shot as soon and I can and post back.

Thank you for responding!

Ben

euph.briggs

@GranPaSmurf

Thank you for your help. I tried the directions you posted twice and I've made some progress. The rogue machine will show on my other systems, but it only displays itself on its GUI. On the other PCs, the rogue PC is showing, but never "lights up," so I can't share my keyboard or mouse.

I've opened a support ticket. Hopefully that'll turn up more information.

If we reach a solution, I'll post back here so others can benefit as well.

Ben

GranPaSmurf

Seems like the rogue is not sending info to the cloud. I'd first try, from one of the other machines, mouse-grab the image of the recalcitrant guy and move it where it doesn't touch another screen. Wait about a minute,then reassemble the screens. That's supposed to restart the Synergy core on them all. No-joy? Next stop/start Synergy service on the rogue.

Beyond these tips, best to wait for Support to get back to you. They've been pretty fast recently.

euph.briggs

Joy has been achieved! Splitting up the screens, waiting a minute, reassembling them and restarting the service on the rogue machine solved my problem!

Thank you very much GranPaSmurf!

• Thanks 1