Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

New release announcement notification

Mark 1238

Hi,

Is there anyways to be notified when a new release comes out?

Do you have any kind of announcement mailing list?

or an RSS feed covering your blog?

I used to log onto the site every week or so to check - then when no releases came out for a while I stopped checking so often.  Then I logged on today only to find that I had managed to miss several releases!

Sorry if I have managed to completely miss this being mentioned somewhere on the website.

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by Mark 1238

Check the bottom of your Synergy display screen (where it tells you the version number). It'll let you know when there's a new release available for download. Currently, we're on 2.0.8.

Mark 1238

Good point - I didn't notice that - since I configured synergy originally that screen has just sat working minimized in the background.   Checking there will make it much easier to check.

I would still have to manually check though -  is there no way to be sent an email automatically?  only as most other projects I follow have a mailing announcements list.

Thanks,

Mark

Not currently aware of any other notification mechanism. The developers will see this post, though, and perhaps consider it for the future. Thanks for the idea - we love to see this sort of thing in feature requests!