Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Win and Mac clients will not connect to Ubuntu server

Michael B Kostur
My primary box is a Ubuntu 14.04 image, and the clients are OS X and Win7. I tried using various ports on the Linux server with no success, and even downgraded to 1.7.1 but that didn't help either. Crypto didn't help at all, and I'm using the right machine names from each machine. I previously had this all working with 1.7.1 with a Win7 server, but now that I'm on Ubuntu the software KVM is very much missed. Weird part is I can connect from my Win7 or Mac machine with no problem if I set those as servers, but I have my big monitor on the Linux box and don't want to go that way.
  • 1 month later...
Kumar Shaurya Shankar
I have the same issue. To wit, I can connect to a Synergy server on my windows machine with my Ubuntu 14.04 machine as a client, but cannot do the opposite. This is a deal breaker for me since my windows machine is a tablet. Heh. I tried monitoring the connections on my ubuntu machine using tcptrack (sudo tcptrack -i eth0 port <my_port_number>), and I just get incoming SYN_SENT status messages (which means that the server application is not initiating the handshake) I'd be happy to know if there's any development on this.
Kumar Shaurya Shankar
Turns out that the issue was the port being blocked by ufw/iptables. sudo iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport <port_number> -j ACCEPT worked.